Weekly Update

Yo! As promised, here's the second WEEKURI UPDAITO!


C===================D > > > > > > > > > >                    






...Unfortunately there isn't much to report. Progress is a little slow and time isn't being allocated in the most optimal way, so there hasn't been progress regarding the script at all.

On the other hand, still working on the next short which is almost 20 pages long! Hopefully I can bust it out early in December. If your name isn't Jerod, here's the next snippet for the short.

Another Snippet


Other than that, I ran into a roadblock earlier while working on the short. As of now, it's not too serious, but considering that the comic takes place within Japan with a multicultural cast, I believe that it would be necessary for me to learn a little Japanese and Chinese. It really wouldn't convey that the setting is in Japan if everything (texts, billboards, etc.) was in English, which is a problem. However, I don't necessarily see this as a setback rather another obstacle. At some point I was going to have to know or have a basic understanding of these two languages.

Oh well, other things to discuss. There is an arc for the plot that involves the multiverse, or multiple universes. I got this idea from Western superhero comic books with plots centering around twisted, alternate realities and "what if" scenarios (e.g. Marvel Universe, Marvel Ultimate Universe). What's interesting to me is if this arc does come to fruition, there could be the potential of a spin-off series following the alternate reality prior to and after the paradox (where the main universe comes into contact with the alternate reality). I seriously would love to create a Monday's Forecast for Hareyakana: Ultimate series spin off if I could get to that point, but we'll see if I can get to that point in time :). Jesus, I still haven't started the damn manga yet.

Anyway, to all who can read this crap, thanks for hearing me out! See ya next week!

Comments

Popular Posts