Update WOW!

So the year has started interestingly (Confucius-style) as the way the year 2015 had ended. In about a couple days, I will begin my Spring semester and will begrudgingly face reality once more. There are a lot of things I want to get done as an objective (so count this as a resolution for a new year), particularly in story boarding the real first chapter and learning a new language as stuttering like an idiot apparently doesn't count. I think far enough time has passed and I should at least accomplish that for 2016.

Moreover, I have been meditating about the format of how I would want to present my comic. I have decided on serializing it in an identical form to the manga magazine method employed by the likes of Shonen Jump. Like a chapter-by-chapter basis in contrast to say, as a complete graphic novel. Taking the advice of Sato Shuho (who's book on the manga industry I wrote about earlier), I want to publish each chapter individually online through a pay-per-view system and have volumes printed on-demand with extra content warranting the higher prices attributed to physical copies. I feel this model feels more logical than uploading them for free like a webcomic and is more financially rewarding than with an ad-based/view-based system.

Of course comic artists and mangakas alike require editors to shit on the creator's work and whittle away self-esteem until it's substantially readable. That's where anybody reading my blog, that's right, YOU GUYS, can look at my storyboards and give it some thought about art, dialogue, entertainment, sequence, etc. That's right, I'm giving you guys a job since all of you seem to have enough free time to read this, and likewise I will put you jerks in the credits. I've heard writers use their fans to critique their drafts before submitting them rather than paying for an editor. I feel this gets people and fans involved and everybody likes to be useful. so give all the criticisms I need until it gets good. Balls to the wall and no holds barred.

On an unrelated note, the remaster of Resident Evil 0 comes out at midnight tonight and I've got my pre-order on Xbox One. While the RE director hates Rebecca Chamber's guts, I sure don't.

"I'm Rebecca!" - Rebecca Chambers

Comments, concerns, terrible jokes, you guys know where to comment. At least I hope you guys do. Seriously, right below.


Comments

Popular Posts