It's been decided, Shorts will be on Tapastic



Well folks, since Inkblazers is about to kick the bucket, I've been scrounging around for a good place to upload the shorts while also making some pocket change on the side and I've decided on Tapastic. A majority of the community members who work on Inkblazers migrated there and I figured I would follow suit. The only annoying caveat unfortunately is that one has to create an account on that site to read its comics. I know it's a pain in the ass and I don't necessarily want to force anyone to have to make one, so I'll upload my shorts here also onto Blogger or Google+. On the other hand, if you do create an account, you can support other independent comic makers by reading their works (via ad revenue) or be a good patron and contribute money to them. Just don't forget about me and my comic.

Other than that, it's a pretty cool site. The people seem friendly and accommodative and the site has a modern vibe to it, though I still think Inkblazers was more better. Right now, I feel awkward being in the site because of how different it is. Even their comic formats are different. Instead of being able to upload in bulk, you are limited to only uploading one very long page instead of multiple pages a la Inkblazers or Pixiv. That's right, you read it going down like a list, not page to page. It says that there is a 40 page limit, but that's bullshit because you can only upload 2MBs max. It's an awkward format for manga, but I can compensate for it. Tapastic also has Soundcloud support so I can have music playing for the readers while they're reading my shorts (I hope y'all like Jazz). Until the possibility that even Tapastic will fall, I'll be there. Oh, and the first short is on there too. Fuck, I still need to finish that second short. (I swear it's like 35 pages long.)

Oh shit, almost forgot. The series for the shorts on Tapastic will instead be named Tales of Hareyakana to better separate it as an entity to the main series. So there will be Monday's Forecast for Hareyakana (main manga) and then Tales of Hareyakana (shorts). If I do ever begin Monday's Forecast for Hareyakana, I'm thinking about legitimately having it published by a real publisher. So, that's it for now until something interesting comes up. The link is down below for Tales of Hareyakana on Tapastic, see you all in 2015!

Tales of Hareyakana


Comments

Popular Posts