My Comic/Manga's Targeted Demographic

Hello, creeps! Sorry for not posting anything of significance and all, well not really. I guess it would be important to go over the demographic of which this will most likely appeal to. This will also give you guys some insight on what to expect from my work.

Alright, let's start with the people who I DON'T want to appeal to.

  1. The Casual Readers
 Okay, a majority of comic/manga readers consists of casual readers who typically don't really want complexity in their stories. After all, they're only casual readers. Casual readers are the main revenue source for many big comic artists and mangakas alike. Although pandering to this kind of crowd dilutes the depth of the story most of the time and limits the author's ability to approach risque material, the author will still make bank because of its broader appeal. Monday's Forecast for Hareyakana won't be deep, per se, but I would love to tackle things that make most people uncomfortable. Most slice-of-life manga out there contain a universe where everything is absolutely perfect, where the protagonists are perfect, and everything is all cute, innocent, and hunky-dory while skimming over the reality of life's issues. I don't expect Monday's Forecast for Hareyakana to be grounded amongst reality, but I expect it to be a little more visceral. Like half fantasy and half reality. It is almost certain that Monday's Forecast for Hareyakana will find no appeal to this group at all, but I don't mind. Really. The last thing I want is the Naruto, Fairy Tail, Bleach, Sword Art Online, One Piece, etc. crowd to be ogling my baby. Those guys should stay the hell away and go back in groups to making weird and annoying noises at cons.

      2.   Children

I love kids, but this comic will be vulgar and inappropriate most of the time. If I get a complaint from some douchebag parent who let his/her kid read it without knowing what the hell the kid is getting into because he/she is a shitty adult, I will personally e-mail that parent to go screw and that even kid-less, I could be twice the parent he/she could ever dream to be.

     3.    Sensitive People

Monday's Forecast for Hareyakana will primarily be a comedy, and that includes jokes or bits that may be deemed mean, "offensive", or politically incorrect. If you don't find any of it funny, that's okay. But if you complain about how it offends you or a group of people, I don't give a shit.

Well then Chopsuey, who is Monday's Forecast for Hareyakana for?

I made Monday's Forecast for Hareyakana for me, and those similar to me. It's for the guys and gals who are lonely. The same person who maybe has no close friends, or very few ones and being alone for a very long time had made that same person somewhat angsty and bitter. The same person who others may feel uncomfortable being around just because he/she isn't a social butterfly, doesn't fit into a clique, or is generally misunderstood and confused. The same person who gets by life seldom with a smile, and the same kind of person who finds humor in being a jerk or asshole to other people. And finally, the same kind of person who reads manga and watches anime as a hobby (not a religion) and as an occasional form of escapism, but who finds that nothing has been good to read or watch for years now and is now pissed off how manga and anime so far has been stagnating in quality and nothing is as good as it used to be, so he/she decides to make his/her own original comic/manga. This is who Monday's Forecast for Hareyakana is for.

Comments

Popular Posts